1. What is a power tool?
Tools that use electricity, batteries, and compressed air to operate or function are Power Tools.
2. How different is it from the regular hand tools?
Power tools run with electricity/batteries. But hand tools are operated with bare hands. A manual intervention like twisting, turning, to-and-fro movement of the tools/equipment, bending, etc., is essential in the case of hand tools. But electricity/batteries take care of all such operations in power tools. Hence manual work is minimized with better efficiency. Also, using them is much easier compared to the hand tool.
3. Where are power tools used?
Construction, wood, automotive, and metal fabrication extensively use them. Additionally, many DIY users make the most of power tools.
4. What are the benefits involved in using them?
Every industry concentrates on ROI. Likewise, improvisations in production and process will be an ongoing activity. Switching to power tools enables them with increased efficiency; work progress is much better when compared to the usage of hand tools. Significant improvements in task time (time to complete one task/job), precision, and accuracy are an added benefit.
5. Can I get a list of power tools?
Power tools comprise Drillers, Compressors, Polishing tools, Fasteners, Grinders, Heat Guns, Wrenches, Sanding tools, Hammers, Vacuum Cleaners, Blowers, Mixers, Sawing tools, Vibrators, Milling Tools.
6. What are pneumatic tools?
Tools that make use of compressed air are termed pneumatic tools. Angle Grinders, Wrenches, Hammers, and Impact Drilling machines are a few examples of pneumatic tools.
7. How to choose a power tool?
Choose the tool based on your job or its application. If you want to use it in your factory, select high-end & designed for industrial use only. For most home projects, you can go with 12V tools.
8. Which is the best brand?
Each brand has its USP - the make & model, color, and price. But the functionality of the tools remains the same across them.
9. What is the maintenance cost involved in such tools?
As said earlier, power tools are handy and easy to use. The maintenance cost depends on their usage. Regularly clean and keep in good working condition. Follow the instructions as provided by the manufacturers.
10.What is a DIY tool?
DIY is an acronym for Do It Yourself. Vacuum cleaners, Blowers, Drilling & Fastening tools, and the garden tools like Hedge Trimmers, Sprayers are DIY tools. Say, for example, you want to build a dog house in your garden. And you have fair knowledge in woodworking / carpentry work. So, you can use one of these DIY tools - sawing, drilling, sanding & fastening tools.
11.Are power tools used only in industrial sectors?
Power tools find their place in both industrial and residential activities.
12. What are the safety measures one follows while using these power tools?
We all know prevention is better than cure. Likewise, taking precautions is better than facing some unforeseen situations like any mishaps or accidents.
- Always read the manual before using any power tool. Follow the instructions diligently.
- A good worker is known for his tools. Hence maintaining them in good condition is the golden rule.
- Make sure to wear the right clothing and footwear before you start your work.
- Ensure the work surface or region is dry before using these power-enabled tools.
- Wear appropriate safety gloves, goggles, or a face shield.
- Switch off the tools when not in use.
- Make sure there is enough place to handle the tools.
- Regularly check your tools to see if they are in good working condition.
- Do you repair your tools? Never do it. Contact the authorized or trained professionals.
- Try to avoid using the extension cords or junction boxes while using these power tools.